What is "Motorcraft Technical Access"?

I was scrounging around, looking for some technical details on the Ford Escape Hybrid, and stumbled onto "Motorcraft Technical Access". <http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid t_1&gutsid=productdetail>
It looks like I could get a subscription allowing access to Single Vehicle/Single Model Year: Workshop Manual Wiring Diagram Manual
What is that really? Is it pdf files? Could I really download a Workshop Manual? Is that the same level of technical information that I have come to know as a "Service Manual" from Helms?
--
---