What is this connector???

Hi All,

I have recently bought a Ford Mondeo L Reg 1.8 16v, and all though everything is running ok. On start-up (always starts first time), after a few seconds of reving, it will cut out but once warmed up its fine.

After looking under the bonnet, I found the following connector:

(black connected on like a green sensor)has had the two wires into it cut. Two wires are just at the side ofit, (Black/Yellow and White) taped with blue insulation tape.Does anyone know what this connecter is? TIA

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

It would be helpful if you photoshopped a red arrow pointing to the sensor. Visually, it looks a lot like an oil pressure sender or A/C pressure. I say follow the pipe it's connected to and see where that leads you to. Should be easy enough to tell what's going through the pipe. My guess is some sort of pressure sensor.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

I would if I had Photoshop! Don't have A/C in this car, and trying to trace the pipe goes out of sight behind the engine.

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

Don't have A/C in this car, and trying to trace the pipe goes out of sight behind the engine.

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

Trying to trace the pipe goes out of sight behind the engine. If it is what you say it is, would you suggest to reconnect to maybe fix my problems?

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

Thanks, but this can't doesn't have A/C.

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

Is this advisable, if its not going to fix the cutting out, and its causing no other issues! The old saying, "If its not broken, don't try and fix it" kinda fits here.

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

Well, plug it in and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then unplug it.

Cheap and easy.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Not so easy, as the wires are cut right back. So I would need to source a replacement connected, with some wire out of it, then connect it to the existing wires, then try.....

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

So do it.

Carl

replacement connected, with

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

If its not going to fix the problem in question, I really don't see the need.

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

I never said it would, and I never said it wouldn't. You won't know unless you try. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty.

Would you rather invest 15 minutes, try it, and know if that was it or wasn't? If it is, problem solved. If it isn't you can move on and try something else.

OR

You can pay a competent mechanic hundreds of dollars to fix that plug for you, plug it in, and tell you that was the problem.

Please forgive the people here who tried to help you. Heaven forbid they do not know exactly how to help you.

If you want help, either change the attitude or go elsewhere.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Calm down! I was just making a point, like you are now too. I'll do what you considered.

Reply to
Shaiboy_UK

There wasn't a point when I wasn't calm.

Try my suggestion. If it fixes it, good. If it doesn't, you didn't loose anything.

I do have one question, however. How do you warm it up if you can not keep it running when cold?

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed