What's missing from the new Fords

Page 3 of 3

We all have deferent memories of things, over time The first Ford, or any car for that matter, that had seat belts was the all new 1955 Ford. Belts came as part of the optional $150 'Safety Package,' that included a padded dashboard cover, a 'deep dish' steering wheel and 'break away' rear view mirror. The all new 55 was the first car we designed to force the engine and tranny under the car, in a severe collision, to help absurd the forces of the collision.
mike

C. E. White wrote:

thought i was the only one to confuse a honda with a saturn... did this just last night... thought i was looking at hondas on the used car lot waiting fcor the wifes plane to arrive

You call that DISTINCTIVE??????? Damn! I was in my late teens and early twenties then and I thought they were PIGS! The only one that looked good was the Futura and that was what.. 63? And that went for most all the Ford Models..{Mustang excepted, you note!}*
62 thru 64 Chevvies.. now THEY had a little grace with their style!
I'm sorry... but I lived through it and I was a car nut. I look at all these geezers YOUNGER than me driving around those restored four-door daddy cars of the fifties and sixties AT 55 MPH ON HTE FREEWAY!!! and I still think of them like I did back then. I WANNA PUKE!
Phhffft! Gen I and II Taurus, MN12 TBIRD.. now THAT is distinctive and good looking and safe and comfortable and reliable.
* Speaking of.. it COULD be done, and the current Mustang shows it. Styling cues from 'best of' but not clumsy looking. UNLIKE all the current Chryslers but one..
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

I miss those 1960s cars. Sure, they didn't have cupholders like today's models do, but they more than made up for it with an ashtray and a cigarette lighter for each passenger.