What's missing from the new Fords

say the hell with him and go buy one somewhere else.

Deal over the phone. These jockeys are effed in the head

Reply to
Picasso

my uncle a decorated ww2 sailor called the same ford dealer 5 miles down the road to pick him up so he could look at a new truck to buy.they wouldnt do it. he then called toyota dealer across the river in another state 30 miles. they came and picked him up and sold him a toyota truck. the ford dealer is tri county ford in buckner ky ,i71 exit 14 . lucas

ds549

ford is a farce..

too bad their new f150s aren't proving as reliable as the 99-04's

Reply to
Picasso

And why do you think this is true? Even Toyota Reports...errr I mean Consumer Reports lists the F150 as a "Recommended" vehicle (unlike the new Tundra which is NOT recommended). BTW, 2004 and 2005 F150 are essentially the same truck. The model was redesigned for 2004. The

2005 models is rated better than the 2004 model.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Back in '05 I posted here about the screw job my local dealer tried to give me when I wanted to order a new Mustang GT. I ended-up going to Mullinax Ford (the cornerstone dealership of AutoNation) in Amherst, Ohio. I had purchased 3 cars there previously, but have moved 50 miles away. But it was worth the trip - I got it for $5500 less than what the local dealer wanted.

Then a few months ago I started to think about replacing my daily driver.........I wanted a used but low mileage Ford Five Hundred. I checked autotrader.com because you can program the Search for the exact vehicle you're looking for. Low and behold, Mullinax came-up with several and I waited for the right one: an '06 with 15,000 miles (Limited,AWD). I delt with the internet sales mgr who had worked with me on the Mustang.....and got what I think was a great deal.

But the big surprise was the super-service I got on a used car: not only was the car fully detailed,but you would have thought I was buying an '08 Lincoln.......after the test drive and purchase, they again changed the oil, washed it, put in the factory floormats, and did a new car style delivery inside the showroom.

SO, it's not like the old days (I remember my Dad dealing with the same salesman, year after year, car after car, who kept records and could even anticipate when we were ready for a new car and would call us when he had one he thought was right for us).......but there are still some dealers who are interested in repeat customers, I'll sure go back to Mullinax for the next one - even if it is 50 miles away. And I highly recommend shopping on autotrader.

btw: the Five Hundred is GREAT.......all that bs about them being underpowered is just that......it's solid, a pleasure to drive, and get's great mileage.......thanks to all who posted here when I asked for advice in the Spring - you all spoke highly of them and you were right!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click