What ... the... hell... is this

I am not sure what moron did this... but check this "mustang" out...

Calling it a

1988 Zaiker.

Sorry about the link, but i almost fell out of my chair...

Reply to
Picasso

Miscarriage would be one description.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

See where it came from ...

Ontario Canada... Ontario explains it all.

Reply to
Picasso

I've seen similar in some "Kit Car" magazines...

I can't see something like this gracing (or disgracing) my driveway, but beauty is in the eye of the beholfer, I suppose....

FWIW, many years ago, I recall some travesty based on a Crown Vic platform... fugly was a term I recall using.

Jim Warman

it looks like someone was trying to copy a semi popular concept by a gentleman named Zimmer in northern New Jersey during the 70's, and 80's until he passed away in the 88 or 89. the Zimmer was originally built on a Cadillac chassis but later years appear to be on the ford chassis.

Tom

The Ziker was built on a Mercury Cougar chassis, not a Mustang

Mike Hunter

How about the Clennet - had an MGB body shell grafted in. And the Excalibur. Lots of custom "retro" reproductions like that out there, and apperently there is a market for them.

Reply to
clare

Not according to both web sites. . .

SC Tom

Obviously, you've never owned a Mustang or a Cougar, or you'd instantly be able to tell the difference just by the shape of the door.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Perhaps, but look at the windshield and doors, do you see Mustang? The Cougar was built on a separate frame chassis, the Mustang is a unabody

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yes, the Cougar was built on the "Torino" frame..... until 1979! In 1980, Cougars, T-Birds also went to the unibody Fox "chassis". Have you even seen a Fox-body Cougar in real life, or are you just guessing?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

I can't tell from the pictures, for sure, but it looks like someone just put ugly metal on the front and rear of the car.

And they want people to pay extra for that?

They should pay someone to take it off their hands.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff