What ... the... hell... is this

I am not sure what moron did this... but check this "mustang" out...
http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Other-1988-Zaiker-W0QQAdIdZ103001800
Calling it a      1988 Zaiker.
Sorry about the link, but i almost fell out of my chair...
Picasso wrote:

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Other-1988-Zaiker-W0QQAdIdZ103001800

Miscarriage would be one description.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Jim Higgins wrote:

See where it came from ...
http://sterlingautoclassics.com /
Ontario Canada... Ontario explains it all.
I've seen similar in some "Kit Car" magazines...
I can't see something like this gracing (or disgracing) my driveway, but beauty is in the eye of the beholfer, I suppose....
FWIW, many years ago, I recall some travesty based on a Crown Vic platform... fugly was a term I recall using.

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Other-1988-Zaiker-W0QQAdIdZ103001800
it looks like someone was trying to copy a semi popular concept by a gentleman named Zimmer in northern New Jersey during the 70's, and 80's until he passed away in the 88 or 89. the Zimmer was originally built on a Cadillac chassis but later years appear to be on the ford chassis.
there is currently 2 Zimmers on ebay, a 83 and a 88

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:56:25 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Excalibur. Lots of custom "retro" reproductions like that out there, and apperently there is a market for them.
The Ziker was built on a Mercury Cougar chassis, not a Mustang

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Other-1988-Zaiker-W0QQAdIdZ103001800
Not according to both web sites. . .

Perhaps, but look at the windshield and doors, do you see Mustang? The Cougar was built on a separate frame chassis, the Mustang is a unabody

"Mike Hunter" wrote:

"SC Tom" wrote:

Then "Mike Hunter" wrote:

Yes, the Cougar was built on the "Torino" frame..... until 1979! In 1980, Cougars, T-Birds also went to the unibody Fox "chassis". Have you even seen a Fox-body Cougar in real life, or are you just guessing?
"Mike Hunter" wrote:

Obviously, you've never owned a Mustang or a Cougar, or you'd instantly be able to tell the difference just by the shape of the door.

I can't tell from the pictures, for sure, but it looks like someone just put ugly metal on the front and rear of the car.
And they want people to pay extra for that?
They should pay someone to take it off their hands.
Jeff