Whats wrong?

I have a '93 Linlcon Towncar 4.6lt. When I turn on the car the telltale lights and the radio come on. When I turn the key to the start postion the lights and the radio and everything goes off. Just dead. A clicking noise
from the black box (the solenoid ?) by the battery can be heard while the key is turned to the start postion. I drove the car to the post office parked went in and came back and bang the problem. Can any one give me an idea what to look for or tell some one to fix it? Thanks, Barbara
Your battery most likely developed a short.

Could also be dirty battery terminals. Give them a good cleaning and try it again. Coca Cola works well to cut acid build up on the terminals.
W. W. Rick Hull Parts Department Karl Klement Ford Decatur, Texas 1-800-422-5671

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:35:26 -0500, "Eric Johnson"

If the click you hear is a single click, have someone check the ignition switch connection to the starter. That vintage had a problem with that connection becoming loose or corroded. There is a service bullitin out on that and it is easily repaired in just a few minutes times from under the car. Make sure the battery terminals are clean and the battery and charging system are in proper working order.

Bingo!! It was the 1/4" quick disconnect on the starter. Pulled it off, a little sandpaper to the male side, slid it back on and the panther sprang back to life.
Thanks,
Barb