wheel bearings?

I started hearing a grinding noise today on my 97 Ranger (101,000 miles) coming from the right front wheel. It's completely inaudible at low speeds but becomes very pronounced above 40mph and can be felt
as well as heard. My first guess was a worn wheel bearing. Is that a fair assumption? Are these hard to replace?
could be a dragging brake pad. better get it checked out. J