wheel question

I have the chance to pick up four brand new wheels for a Ford Ranger 4X4. My neighboor had a 95 Ranger, he bought the ford wheels and never put them one, he then sold the truck. He found them still in the box behind. They are alloys. I have another buddy that has an 05 Ranger. I guess we can just try to see if they fit but with the wisdom and knowledge this board has just wondering if this will work...

Thanks Jake

Reply to
M Hayes529

M Hayes529 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com:

Well, this will be interesting... I went to an online dealer, (discount tire) and did searches on wheels for both 2WD and 4WD in 15".

Showed same wheels

Let's see if that's true

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have 4 stock 2002 FX Ranger 15" rims I will let go for $1000.00 if anyone is interested. John

Reply to
john

Will you take a check?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I'll give you a Western Union money order for $3,500.00 if you will ship them to a friend in Nigeria who I would like to surprise for his birthday in January, if you will take the shipping cost out of the extra and send me a check for the remaining amount over the $1,000.00.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Sure

Reply to
john

Funny Rob!! Any idea how much these wheels cost at the dealer? Considering that the 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich K/O tires with 300 miles on them go with them I figured it was a fair deal. I paid $135.00 each for the tires not including balancing. FYI.... You will not get a better deal without a gun on these wheels. Unless your Nigerian friends can get you a set.

Reply to
john

Depends on which wheels they are... 8 round hole Aluminums, 5 "D" shape / 5 slot Aluminums, steel 7 spoke chromes, steel 7 spoke painteds, steel

5 spokes, or steel 8 holers.

I think the FX4 came with the 8 round hole Aluminums. They will run you $125-$150 ea. used, so your $1K w/tires is a pretty good deal for someone local.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Yup... just found this...:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Yes, you are correct, 8 round hole aluminum.

Reply to
john