wheel question

I have the chance to pick up four brand new wheels for a Ford Ranger 4X4. My neighboor had a 95 Ranger, he bought the ford wheels and never put them one, he
then sold the truck. He found them still in the box behind. They are alloys. I have another buddy that has an 05 Ranger. I guess we can just try to see if they fit but with the wisdom and knowledge this board has just wondering if this will work...
Thanks Jake
M Hayes529 opined in

Well, this will be interesting... I went to an online dealer, (discount tire) and did searches on wheels for both 2WD and 4WD in 15".
Showed same wheels
Let's see if that's true
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

I have 4 stock 2002 FX Ranger 15" rims I will let go for $1000.00 if anyone is interested. John
john wrote:

Will you take a check?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Sure
john wrote:

I'll give you a Western Union money order for $3,500.00 if you will ship them to a friend in Nigeria who I would like to surprise for his birthday in January, if you will take the shipping cost out of the extra and send me a check for the remaining amount over the $1,000.00.
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

Funny Rob!! Any idea how much these wheels cost at the dealer? Considering that the 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich K/O tires with 300 miles on them go with them I figured it was a fair deal. I paid $135.00 each for the tires not including balancing. FYI.... You will not get a better deal without a gun on these wheels. Unless your Nigerian friends can get you a set.
john wrote:

Depends on which wheels they are... 8 round hole Aluminums, 5 "D" shape / 5 slot Aluminums, steel 7 spoke chromes, steel 7 spoke painteds, steel 5 spokes, or steel 8 holers.
I think the FX4 came with the 8 round hole Aluminums. They will run you $125-$150 ea. used, so your $1K w/tires is a pretty good deal for someone local.
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

Yup... just found this...:
http://www.hillerford.com/Web%20Pages/resource%20library/2002/2002trucks/2002ranger/2002rangertires&wheels.htm
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

Yes, you are correct, 8 round hole aluminum.