When I turn on the heater is smells funny and fogs up windows

Whenever I turn on my heat it blows out a funny smell and immediatley fogs up the winsheild. Since its been hot I've just been putting water in my radiator. Do you think putting in some antifreeze might help?

change the heater core, and fill the radiator with a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and water.

says...

leak, and it will fog your windows with a residue also. I had a car that had such a sudden bad leak that I had to roll down the windows and other cars thought the interior was on fire :-{
--
I. Care