when should I service my ford focus

Hi i bought a new ford focus in October 2005. I haven't yet had it serviced. Does anyone know when I should get it serviced - i.e. what's recommended?
Cheers, all Chris
How about reading the owner's manual? Hint: your tires are probably flat by now and you are at least a year and a half overdue for an oil change...

Read your manual, all of you questions are answered therein. ;)
mike

lufcd wrote:

read your owner's manual.
If you don't have a lot of miles or kilometers on the vehicle, ask your mechanic when you should bring it back for an oil change. With just short trips, water builds up in the oil. That's not good and you need more frequent oil changes.
Jeff

lufcd wrote:

Some people wait until a wheel falls off. Others get maintenance as scheduled in the OWNER'S MANUAL, by mileage or time.
We had a guy who worked for our company around the time of the no tune up ads for 100 000 miles by the major manufacturers who ran his car for 35 000 miles till the engine seized. He thought due to the marvel of modern technology he could run his car till 100 000 miles without an oil change. Supposedly when they remove the valve covers the inside was like charcoal briquettes.

Phillip Mcracken wrote:

Please don't do a Mike and top post. That makes it hard to follow threads.
Anyway, he was right. He didn't need to change his oil until 100,000 mi. There was just the problem of the 35,000 rebuild and the 70,000 mi rebuild. I would doubt that my engine would seize after 35,000 with no oil change (assuming that I made sure the oil didn't run out, which may have happened), but I am not going to find out.
There are some trucks that don't need oil changes. New oil is slowly pumped in and the old oil is pumped out into the fuel tank, like 1 liter every 1500 km or so. But this is only for big rigs.
Jeff

I followed the thread quite easily by clicking on them in order, maybe its because I use OE?

Max Power wrote:

You shouldn't need to click on different messages. You should be able to follow the relevant parts of a thread with just one message.
Jeff

by clicking on the bottom one? that'd be assuming that no one in the middle deleted the replys of others.

petebert wrote:

it also makes it easier to follow a conversation when one replies to specific parts of a previous person's post.
Inline posting is considered proper netiquette.
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php
Jeff

I read the link and some of the links in that link and I dont see a clear winner, I see the point but it must depend on your news reader. Because I cant simply click on the most latest post and see every comment made, someone may have deleted other comments from their post and there would be a chuck missing in the middle. For myself using OE, I just click on each post and say everyone top posted then I would see each persons post immediately. If they bottom posted I just have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

petebert wrote:

I believe just about every news reader lets you see individual posts in each thread.

Yet that chunk would not be important for the post the person made.

Yet, when one does in-line posting, it is much more like a regular conversation.
Besides, there are better newsreaders. And ones that don't have as many security flaws. At least you're not using Windows Vista.

I didn't say bottom post. I said inline post, which is different.
Jeff