when should I service my ford focus

Hi i bought a new ford focus in October 2005. I haven't yet had it serviced. Does anyone know when I should get it serviced - i.e. what's recommended?

Cheers, all Chris

Reply to
lufcd

How about reading the owner's manual? Hint: your tires are probably flat by now and you are at least a year and a half overdue for an oil change...

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Read your manual, all of you questions are answered therein. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

read your owner's manual.

If you don't have a lot of miles or kilometers on the vehicle, ask your mechanic when you should bring it back for an oil change. With just short trips, water builds up in the oil. That's not good and you need more frequent oil changes.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Some people wait until a wheel falls off. Others get maintenance as scheduled in the OWNER'S MANUAL, by mileage or time.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

Reply to
Phillip Mcracken

Please don't do a Mike and top post. That makes it hard to follow threads.

Anyway, he was right. He didn't need to change his oil until 100,000 mi. There was just the problem of the 35,000 rebuild and the 70,000 mi rebuild. I would doubt that my engine would seize after 35,000 with no oil change (assuming that I made sure the oil didn't run out, which may have happened), but I am not going to find out.

There are some trucks that don't need oil changes. New oil is slowly pumped in and the old oil is pumped out into the fuel tank, like 1 liter every 1500 km or so. But this is only for big rigs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I followed the thread quite easily by clicking on them in order, maybe its because I use OE?

Reply to
Max Power

You shouldn't need to click on different messages. You should be able to follow the relevant parts of a thread with just one message.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

by clicking on the bottom one? that'd be assuming that no one in the middle deleted the replys of others.

Reply to
petebert

it also makes it easier to follow a conversation when one replies to specific parts of a previous person's post.

Inline posting is considered proper netiquette.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I read the link and some of the links in that link and I dont see a clear winner, I see the point but it must depend on your news reader. Because I cant simply click on the most latest post and see every comment made, someone may have deleted other comments from their post and there would be a chuck missing in the middle. For myself using OE, I just click on each post and say everyone top posted then I would see each persons post immediately. If they bottom posted I just have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Reply to
petebert

I believe just about every news reader lets you see individual posts in each thread.

Yet that chunk would not be important for the post the person made.

Yet, when one does in-line posting, it is much more like a regular conversation.

Besides, there are better newsreaders. And ones that don't have as many security flaws. At least you're not using Windows Vista.

I didn't say bottom post. I said inline post, which is different.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff