where is CD player on 98 Taurus?

I bought a 1998 Taurus SE and the owners manual was missing. The Stero radio panel and a cassette player. There are CD buttone on the panel too. Was there a
CD player as standard on this car, and if so where was/is the player located?
TIA Bill snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address

Probably controls for the changer that would be in the trunk (if you were to have them). These buttons exist even if you don't have the changer as to make it easier to "upgrade"

The only factory CD player is a 6-disk changer, typically mounted in the trunk. By having the controls on front, you can add a changer yourself. There are many 3rd party changers that are much cheaper than the factory. I have a 10-disk in mine. The main part of the radio and amplifier is actually back in the trunk. The front panel is just the display and tape player.
Thanks for the info. What brand/model CD juke box do you have in your Taurus?
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:02:52 -0600, Andrew Rossmann

snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address

Mine is a '02 Taurus SEL. My car has a factory installed 6-disc CD changer in the console. The factory installed CD Changer is standard on all Taurus SEL models. They are optional on the SE and SES models.
~CyberWolf
The CD player is at WWW.Bought4Less.com It is about $240 complete, 5 minute PLUG-IN installation. 10 disc cd changer and cable. mounts in the trunk, under drivers package shelf
: remove all "f"'s from address
In posted on Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:11:10 GMT:

Oh, really? So the wiring for the CD changer is already installed? Just buy the changer and plug it in, plug it in?!?!? Wow!
I actually saw a 10-disc CD/MP3 player at Best Buy that I want, but I'm not sure how much it costs yet. But it's one of the few MP3 players that will play directly through the radio without using an FM modulator. You control the whole thing with the existing radio controls, removing the need for a remote control. I'm not sure how it handles navigating MP3's. Maybe it treats each folder on the disc as if it's its own CD. If you have ten folders on each of the ten discs, then you essentially have 100 CD's in your trunk, right at your fingertips.
I had been using a portable CD/MP3 player -- the Sony Atrac, but for some reason the power just seems to die on it for no reason. At first I thought it might have been the wire from the cigarette lighter adapter, but I removed that and put fresh batteries in the player and the power still dies. Kind if irritating, too, because it's a nice player. I only wonder how I'd be able to pause CD when listening through a disc changer. I listen to radio shows I download off the 'net because I can't get them over the radio due to poo reception.
Damaeus