Where is SPOUT connector for '89 Cougar 3.8L

The subject sums it up. I've followed the wires from the distributor to the TFI module in front of the radiator. The only possible connector is in front of the radiator pointed down. It is shaped like a D and has two wires going into it. The thing that wierds me out is that there isn't a cap or anything on it. I bought it recently with a blown head gasket and just got done fixing it. It runs like crap so I'm trying to see what the timing is at. Hope somebody can help me out

Later

Reply to
Jeremy Belcher

Don't know about the '89. On the chance it's like the '94, the SPOUT check connector is on the right fender well just behind the MAF. Both wires are pink.

Speak> The subject sums it up. I've followed the wires from the distributor to the

Reply to
getupand

"J Belcher" wrote

Any chance both those wires are yellow with a light green stripe? My diagram shows two of them coming from the TFI module... one goes to the Hall effect sensor in the distributor, the other goes to the EEC computer, via the inline SPOUT connector, which is usually "hanging" out of the TFI harness, within a few inches of the module.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster opined in news:I103b.15351$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.telusplanet.net:

The spout on my >>> 93

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks Master Blaster, you were right on the money. I would have never of found it myself. The SPOUT on my '85 Cougar and '87 T-bird are by the distrubutor. Guess 1989 technology is getting beyond me. ;)

Jeremy

Reply to
J Belcher