Where is SPOUT connector for '89 Cougar 3.8L

The subject sums it up. I've followed the wires from the distributor to the TFI module in front of the radiator. The only possible connector is in front
of the radiator pointed down. It is shaped like a D and has two wires going into it. The thing that wierds me out is that there isn't a cap or anything on it. I bought it recently with a blown head gasket and just got done fixing it. It runs like crap so I'm trying to see what the timing is at. Hope somebody can help me out
Later
Don't know about the '89. On the chance it's like the '94, the SPOUT check connector is on the right fender well just behind the MAF. Both wires are pink.
Speaking of TFI module, you might want to check out             http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=&did62
There are several other websites on the subject. Use your search engine.
Jeremy Belcher wrote:

"J Belcher" wrote

Any chance both those wires are yellow with a light green stripe? My diagram shows two of them coming from the TFI module... one goes to the Hall effect sensor in the distributor, the other goes to the EEC computer, via the inline SPOUT connector, which is usually "hanging" out of the TFI harness, within a few inches of the module.
MasterBlaster opined in

The spout on my >>> 93 <<< is yellow w/green stripe and located next to EEC test connector between shock tower and pass side firewall.
Nowhere near the TFI but in line to the PCM.
On remoted TFI, this sorta makes sense.

EEC
Thanks Master Blaster, you were right on the money. I would have never of found it myself. The SPOUT on my '85 Cougar and '87 T-bird are by the distrubutor. Guess 1989 technology is getting beyond me. ;)
Jeremy