Where is the DRL (Daylight Running Lamps Module) on '98 Taurus?

I need to replace the DRL control module on my '98 Taurus. The only schematic I've been able to find places it under the front left headlight. It's a rather busy area. Need to know what to remove for access.

Thanks for any kind words.

Reply to
schlepp

I've been able to find places it under the front left headlight. It's a rather busy area. Need to know what to remove for access.

WARNING: DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS CONTROL GETS VERY HOT DURING OPERATION. BE SURE DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS CONTROL HAS COOLED BEFORE HANDLING IT OR PERSONAL INJURY MAY OCCUR.

Note: If vehicle is equipped with autolamp system, the DRL system is active until the autolamp system turns on the headlamps.

The daytime running lamp (DRL) system is designed to turn the high beam headlamps ON, with a reduced light output and without illuminating the high beam indicator in the instrument panel, when the following conditions are met:

-The ignition switch is in the RUN position.

-The park brake is fully released.

-The headlamp switch is in the OFF or PARK lamp position.

The DRL system is required by the Canadian government for vehicles sold in Canada.

The DRL system uses a daytime running lamps control module located on the LH front bumper brace under the front of the vehicle.

The wiring is connected to the headlamp dash panel junction wire.

The daytime running lamps control output:

-consists of rapidly pulsating short bursts of power which cannot be measured using most multimeters.

-output cannot be adjusted.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1