Where's the dinger? F150

1990 F150 pickup. Whenever the key is in the ignition, this stupid annoying dinger keeps chiming. Out here on the farm, we leave our keys in the ignition. On
top of that, my truck has this weird means of getting the lock cylinder offset from the outer shell of the lock, and then I got to fight to get the key in the lock. (I've never figured out why it does that).
Anyhow, that dinger really gets on my nerves. I want to shut it off, or at least put a switch on it. WHERE IS IT?
Thanks
F.D.
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 12, 2:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

There is a single wire running from the lock cylinder contacts. down the right side of the column to a single light grey connector. Unplug it. This will disable the Key-In chime without disabling the Lights-On warning. The "wings" of the lock cylinder are just crimped on. With age, they get loose and become misaligned with the slot in the cylinder. The only fix is a new lock cylinder.
Add pictures here
✖
Tom Adkins wrote:

And the alarm, do you know how to disable it? Pleeese. :)
Add pictures here
✖

if I had to guess, I'd say remove the wire he mentioned
Add pictures here
✖

Does yours have an alarm? Mine dont.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:09:48 -0800 (PST), Tom Adkins

This sounds easy enough. I was hoping there was a simple solution, and prefer not to disable the Lights-On warning. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. It will be great to be rid of that thing. On a farm, a truck is used for lots of things, and leaving the keys in the ignition with the doors open when loading up some hay bales, connecting a trailer, or something is common. Hearing that chime can really get on my nerves after awhile.

That's exactly what happens and then the key wont go in. I learned to put the key in and turn the wings to the extreme CCW rotation. That gets the key in, but it's a pain. I may replace it when the weather warms up, because sometimes when I am in town I need to take the key out.
Thank You !!!!
F.D.
Add pictures here
✖

That will take care of the Key In chime. The Lights On chime (alarm) will still work fine.

Yep. That's a real common problem after a number of years. The cylinder is very easy to replace since it is still working. You can have the replacement keyed to match the old key if you want to.

You're very welcome.
Add pictures here
✖