Where to buy Ford EATC for 95 Lincoln?

Help!

I'm reasonably sure I need to replace the EATC in the dash of my 95 TC. Don't really want to pay dealer prices for a new (or whatever they have) unit. Anybody know where I can get a new or quality rebuilt one for a decent price?

Thanks, Gary Kasten

Reply to
VideoGuy

What problems are you having? I had erratic fan control problems with mine - I removed the fan controller from under the hood - (mounted on the front of the air box). Resoldering all connections restored proper operation.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

TO: Mr. of Dayton (Don't know you well enough to call you by your first name {;>)) ),

The problem is very likely vacuum related. It all started late last Summer. With hard accelleration, (the EATC in automatic mode so the AC is on), the airflow would shift from the panel vents to the floor and deroster area. After accelleration was eased, the airflow would return to the proper location. Now, the airflow is permanently at the floor and defroster. Pressing the buttons will not redirect the air as is the design. The electronics seem to be OK. The temp controls the setpoint, and the fan ramps up and down as needed. VENT turns off the compressor but allows fan and temp control. Auto is auto EXCEPT for the airflow. Oh, and MAX air will not open the recirculating door under the glove compartment.

So, it appears the electronics are OK, but the vac motors don't operate. I've also traced the vac line all the way to the engine, and found no blockage or evidence of a leak.

Anybody think of any other possibility? I'm truely open to a cheaper fix if there is one out there.

Gary 'gettin' hot under the collar' Kasten

Reply to
VideoGuy

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar AC 34140 $175 Al's Auto Salvage and Sales USA-MO(St.-Louis) 866-304-3069 1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar AC 34129 $175 Al's Auto Salvage and Sales USA-MO(St.-Louis) 866-304-3069 1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar -ELECTRONIC,T45073 8274 $150 Brock Auto Parts USA-MO(St.-Louis) 1-800-235-3346 1995

Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar (BC)- BUTTONS GOOD 00-338 $100 J.C. Auto and Truck USA-MO(Monroe-City) 1-800-678-4900

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar -DIGITAL AUTO CLIM CNTRL 04-129 $100 J.C. Auto and Truck USA-MO(Monroe-City) 1-800-678-4900

1995 Heater/AC Control Mercury Marquis Grand Tmp Cntrl,w/A.T.C- (ELECTRONIC) 97-81 $100 J.C. Auto and Truck USA-MO(Monroe-City) 1-800-678-4900

1997 Heater/AC Control Mercury Marquis Grand w/ATC-(T2) 04-222 $100 J.C. Auto and Truck USA-MO(Monroe-City) 1-800-678-4900

1996 Heater/AC Control Mercury Marquis Grand w/A.T.C-(HS) 00-185 $100 J.C. Auto and Truck USA-MO(Monroe-City) 1-800-678-4900

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar AUTO 021008 $100 Mack's Auto Parts USA-MO(St.-Louis) 1-800-961-8858

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar EE4737 $100 Yancey Auto Parts - ARA, MATR USA-MO(Perry) 1-800-492-6239

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar CJ2659 $100 Yancey Auto Parts - ARA, MATR USA-MO(Perry) 1-800-492-6239

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar CC1847 $100 Yancey Auto Parts - ARA, MATR USA-MO(Perry) 1-800-492-6239

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar DJ4031 $100 Yancey Auto Parts - ARA, MATR USA-MO(Perry) 1-800-492-6239

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar DC3215 $100 Yancey Auto Parts - ARA, MATR USA-MO(Perry) 1-800-492-6239

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar CL2828 $100 Yancey Auto Parts - ARA, MATR USA-MO(Perry) 1-800-492-6239

1995 Heater/AC Control Mercury Marquis Grand w/ATC-(T2) 03-226 $100 J.C. Auto and Truck USA-MO(Monroe-City) Quote 1-800-678-4900

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar 00004390 $78.75 Modern Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MO(St.-Louis) 1-888-919-8138

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar - G1038 $75.55 RJ Auto Salvage Inc. USA-MO(Goodman) 1-800-772-7628

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar - G1121 $75.55 RJ Auto Salvage Inc. USA-MO(Goodman) 1-800-772-7628

1996 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar - R3398 $75 Import Auto Parts USA-MO(Kansas-City) Quote 1-800-448-4198

1996 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar - A6100 $75 John Meyer Truck and Foreign Salvage, Inc. USA-MO(Joplin) 1-800-662-7963

1996 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar J22396 $75 Freeman's Auto Salvage Center USA-MO(Joplin) 1-800-641-4604

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar J19497 $75 Freeman's Auto Salvage Center USA-MO(Joplin)1-800-641-4604

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar 80790 I54097 $75 Freeman's Auto Salvage Center USA-MO(Joplin) 1-800-641-4604

1995

Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar 06260 J05095 $75 Freeman's Auto Salvage Center USA-MO(Joplin) 1-800-641-4604

1996

Heater/AC Control Ford Crown Vic AC,ELEC-DE 030169 $65 Johannes Auto Sales, Inc. USA-MO(Jackson) 1-800-748-7821

1995 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar 14209,AUTO PO1100 $65 Johannes Auto Sales, Inc. USA-MO(Jackson) 1-800-748-7821 1995

Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar GREY- ON VEHICLE 04-34 $Call Auto Parts Company USA-MO(Moscow-Mills) Quote 1-877-597-2787

1996 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar ATC 16987 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort) 1-800-392-5302

1996 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar ATC 18990 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort)

1-800-392-5302

1996 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar ATC 19730 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort)

1-800-392-5302

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar ATC 18852 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort)

1-800-392-5302

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar 19680 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort)

1-800-392-5302

1997 Heater/AC Control Lincoln Towncar 19842 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort)

1-800-392-5302

1995 Heater/AC Control Mercury Marquis Grand DIGITAL AUTO 17851 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort) 1-800-392-5302

1997 Heater/AC Control Mercury Marquis Grand W-ATC 18105 $Call Craig Automotive USA-MO(Beaufort) 1-800-392-5302
Reply to
trainfan1

try car-part.com

Reply to
DBarbush

Thanks Trainfan1

That's quite a list! Appreciate the work.

I'm curious how you knew I was in the St. Louis area; or was it a coincidence that the dealers are all in the Missouri area?

Gary Kasten

[long list- thoughtfully provided was snipped]
Reply to
VideoGuy

It might be useful to look for a shop manual with electrical and vacuum diagrams, too. If there is a leak, a new EATC will do the same thing... (real Ford manuals are sometimes on Ebay...)

WOW, what a wonderful collection of answers! Is this group great or what?!?

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

brick.net = St. Louis, MO

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Is that what you really wanted some one to do you leg work? Are you going to pay trainfan1 for the service?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Gee Mr Moats:

What part of the original 3 sentence post do you have trouble understanding? The one where I state I need the part, or the one where I state I don't want to pay high dealer prices, or the third one where I ask for help locating alternate sources?

I thought one of the purposes of this group was to help with Ford-related issues. No one is REQUIRED to respond. And to my knowledge, I've never seen a price list for answers. However, I did think that it was appropriate for me to say "Thanks" to trainfan1 as he obviously has access to a lot of information, and was willing to take the time to share.

OTOH, if you think YOU are entitled to $$$ for your responses, I might suggest you first contact the posters via private email and negotiate a fee for your answers. That way no one will be surprised when they get an invoice from you demanding payment. And, as you didn't contact me previously to make payment arrangements, I assume you aren't planning to seek compensation for your snippy response to my "thank you" to trainfan1.

Unless, of course, your "snappy comebacks" and caustic remarks are free!

In that case, I guess I owe YOU a "Thank You" too.

NOT!!!!

Gary 'no charge this time' Kasten

Reply to
VideoGuy

Yes I understood. I see it a lot. You are not the first example.

He used a search engine, you know what that is? He also knows how to read a header. Being that you posted via supernews, you have both web and usnet groups. You have the the same access to information trainfan does. He used it, you did not.

You were looking for a service, you got one for free. You got just what you were fishing for. I surprised you did not ask if any body knows of a free on line manual.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Nah... I went right to the source...

Their content usually does not show up on search engines.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Actually, it seems pretty clear from the subject of this post that I was looking for a source to PURCHASE a Ford part. The fact that I'm not the first person you've noticed to make such a request on alt.autos.ford should indicate something to you. Than again, maybe not. Guess it depends on your particular level of awareness.

Just what do you feel is the proper use of this NG?

Did my post violate any of the rules of this group or of Usenet in general?

Are you some kind of Usenet monitor, perusing various NGs looking for what you perceive as Usenet violations?

Or, did my particular topic seem "extra" offensive to you, and thus generated your need to create hostility?

No need to answer the last two questions. I thing many readers of this NG already have an idea what the answers would be.

Gary 'think I smell a Troll' Kasten

Reply to
VideoGuy

A lot of times it depends on how you word your search and what search engine. I've found that site using Web Crawler.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Help!

I'm reasonably sure I need to replace the EATC in the dash of my 95 TC. Don't really want to pay dealer prices for a new (or whatever they have) unit. Anybody know where I can get a new or quality rebuilt one for a decent price?

Thanks, Gary Kasten"

A person of reasonable intelligence would not have asked the question. A person of reasonable intelligence would have known the methods of tracking down what you wanted with out asking. You have at your disposal the Yellow pages in both print and web search engines. You have at your disposal the web with many different search engines. It's one thing to ask a question on something you do not understand and need help understanding. Such as having a hard time with a problem. You have gone through a manual but the true problem eludes you. You need help at that point. But to track down a part that is common? A part that is not rare? A part that is not exclusive to just one car? Less than one minute delivered this. A little work on your own would have reveled if the part is dealer only or if it can be bought after-market or if it is in a junk yard some place.

Did you seem ""extra" offensive" to me, no just lazy.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

HMMM,

So you ARE the ONE person in the world who decides who and what is allowed on Usenet. I've heard of you, but really didn't think you existed. Sort of an urban legend and all. I'd like to say, "Pleased to meet you". But it seems you are just an unpleasant, arrogant person who thinks you should have complete control over recourses which are open to all. I might also add, a person who hides his own identity, while chastising others who sign their posts with a real name.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone has the same level of skills as you, oh mighty search engine user? Did it ever occur to you that maybe I'd tried several searches, and wasn't satisfied with the results? No, probably not! To do that would require you to at least consider someone else's point of view. Something you apparently don't find necessary. You just interjected your negativity with no real improvement to anything. No one benefited from your great and mighty "wisdom". All we got was negative comments. A lotta heat, but absolutely no light.

You may have the last word if you choose. It not likely everyone is enjoying reading your snappy comebacks as much as you are writing them; but it really doesn't matter. I've grown tired of this discourse, and since you seem to have nothing to add that might be even the slightest bit helpful, I'll be leaving now.

Goodbye, and may next week be less trying for you. I'll promise not to ask ANYTHING on this NG for at least a week. That alone should help a little.

Gary 'properly chastised - (for the moment) ' Kasten

Reply to
VideoGuy

Yea right.

Do I hide my identity? No.