Where to find paint code 1981 fairmont ?

Where can one find the paint code for a 1981 Fairmont. I went to a paint supply store and they say that the only way they mix colors is by giving them the paint code
off the vehicle.
I have looked at all the visible decals I can find and there is nothing about paint code. I assume it must be somewhere anybody have an idea where.
It has the original paint, I know this because I have always owned the vehicle. It is a 4 door sedan, color is light blue.
Thanks in advance Denny B
There is usually a code on the information plate on the edge of the drivers door near the latch. Take a look at http://www.paintscratch.com/colALL.htm .
Ed
Denny B wrote:

The paint color is a two digit code listed on the decal located on the driver door post.
mike hunt