Which Brake Fluid DOT 3 or DOT 4 ?

Which is the correct glycol based brake fluid for a 1981 Ford Fairmont 6 cyl ? Front disc's. Rear drum's.
Is it DOT 3 or DOT 4
The Haynes book I have does not say.
Thanks in advance
"Denny B" wrote

Nothing on page 25? Under "Recommended lubricants and fluids"? It says Extra Heavy Duty Brake Fluid (or Dot 3) in my book. Dot 4 has a higher boiling point, but either will work fine.
MasterBlaster, thank you for your correction, you are absolutely correct, there is what you state on page 25. I have no excuses missing that even though I spent a considerable amount of time searching for that info.
Thanks kindly Denny B

Might as well use DOT 4, since the DOT 4 fluids that I have seen on the shelf do not cost much more, are compatible with DOT 3, and fulfill DOT 3 requirements, but have higher dry and wet boiling points.
Timothy J. Lee