Which Galaxy ?

I want to buy a used Ford Galaxy, say 97 or 98.
Which engine is most sensible? Is the 1.9TD any good?
Any advice on economy/performance etc?
Thanks
John
take a look on http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ which ever one you go for make sure it has aircon! and check that it works along with all the electrically operated bits....windows, central locking, sun roof, etc....

My 1.9 TDI Galaxy is coming tomorrow!
I've driven an Audi with an older version of the 1.9 TDI engine for 8 1/2 years - it's been almost faultless. (One of the sensors went on an injector)
You'll get very good economy from the TDI and everyone (bar 1 person) who I've talked to, love their Galaxys.
Here's a friendly forum with people that have TDIs...
http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/Forum /
Join up and chat to those that know!
Best of luck,
Taliska