which intake gasket set for 99 windstar

the parts stores websites all list 2 options for the intake gasket set for a

99 windstar.

FEL-PRO Part # MS959851 To 12/31/98; Lower set; Upper set incl.

FEL-PRO Part # MS959852 From 01/01/99; Lower set; Upper set incl.

my guess was that since I did the TSB to replace the uppers gaskets then I would use the 99 version or do I need to get out the vin and find a date? or will the uppers gasket from April 05 still be ok to reuse?

Reply to
Max Power

Look for the build date on your vehicle. It's in the upper right corner of the specification sticker on the drivers door. If the vehicle was built before

12-31-98 use MS959851. If it was built after 12-31-98...
Reply to
Tom Adkins

ok the door sticker says 11/98 but I'm looking at the pictures of the 2 sets and the upper I put in for the oil in the intake TSB looked more like these

then these
if I remember correctly.

Reply to
Max Power

I'm not following the picture at the top of the 18012926 set. It looks hand drawn and I'm not sure what it's trying to show. The lower intake gaskets look the same. The intake to plenum seals that you replaced already should be reusable.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

the picture at the top of 180112926 is what the upper gasket set looked like when I replaced it, but its listed as the 99 version.

Reply to
Max Power