Whirring noise - 08 Fusion

Car: 2008 Fusion SE AWD 3.0. Problem: A whirring type noise developed after about 50k miles.

67K miles on it now.There is no vibration. Just the noise. After checking on the Internet the consensus is its the center support driveshaft bearing (carrier bearing). It seems this is a problematic part with Fusion AWD's I was wondering if this is a difficult part to replace or is it something a shop has to do. I'm sure the warranty has run out on this sort of thing. Fred
Reply to
Fred