Who says that Corvette is the most iconic American Sportscar?

Anyone knows history knows that the Ford GT is the most iconic American Sportscar, and it's the ONLY American car that is considered a true supercar stock.
Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear tested a whole bunch of American cars and he said that the Ford GTX1 is the best American car ever because Ford was smart enough to use mostly European Components so it's like a European car. Unlike the Corvette, the GT can do 200+ MPH stock, which is one of the minimum requirements for a car to qualify as a Supercar, something no stock Corvette has been able to do yet. By the time a Stock Corvette can do 200 MPH, the minimum requirement would have moved to 220 MPH or 230 MPH.

TROLL, Even Ford can pinch off a good lookin' loaf once every few decades... BTW was your maternal parent a Ford?

You're trolling, BUT, I'm not really sure whether I'd pick the Z06 or the GT as the greatest production car made today (no more GTs, but you get the point).
Road and Track recently ran a test of the Z06, GT, and Viper against the F430 F1, 911, and Gallardo. Good read. The F430 may be a great car, but most of us will only ever be able to read about one. A Z06, on the other hand, I could put in my garage if I was willing to make the sacrifices for one.

Jeremy Claskson hates Corvettes. Did you see the episode where he shoots an '86 Corvette with a helicopter minigun? It is hilarious.

One drove by me in traffic a couple weeks ago. It was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen, and it was only going 45.

C6 Z06 doing 200 stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EiNFiLhV0&mode=related&search

--
ZRiX

The Ford GT-40 is a road racing sports car. That's like the four wheel version of soccer to Americans.
Before the GT program, not one in a hundred Americans knew what a GT-40 was. I would go to say that not one in a hundred Mustang or Ford marque buffs knew exactly what it was. Road racing in America is a participant sport for preppies and a few hardcore buffs. Even now most people couldn't tell you any significant thing about a GT besides it's expensive.
Corvette is iconic not because it's a sports car but because it's the fastest and most expensive thing in a Chevy dealership.

So why would being a chevy make it iconic???
--
ZRiX