Why are new Crown Vics hard to find at dealers?

Page 2 of 2

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but up in the Pocono mountains of PA were he lives the 4 cy Toyota will likely get fewer MPG carrying him, his wife, three children and the 'stuff' He owns two other vehicles, of various types to use when needed. .
NADA list a 2004 4cy Camry with 24K on the clock at $13,600 average trade and a 2004 V8 GM at $13,000. The GM cost him $600 less and the Toyota which is not nearly as well equipped. Good thing he did not need to finance the cost. He would have had to spend $1,100 more in interest to finance the Toyota, over the GM for 36 month as well Apparently the GM returns a better PERCENTAGE of the ACTUAL original cost. Not bad when one considers Toyota dealers generally offer less than average trade. ;)
mike

besides that, when you factor in the size of the gm to the yoda, the panther platform flm cars are allot bigger, and the fuel milage is not that different. my 99 P71 C.V. gets a regular combined 25 mpg, and my father gets a combined 27 mpg with his 99 P72 C.V and grand marquis LX

He was looking for at cars that he could buy with the 20K he had to spend. The GM/GS IS the bottom of the line. My children and grand children learn to drive at the Bob Bondurant school at Pocono Raceway or Dover. Other than that I could not follow your point, the way you post is weird. Try again ;)
mike

I think what he was referring to was the stupid top post/ bottom post B.S. Mike. I guess some people are not smart enough to remember what they posted to, and need to read 500 lines every time they open a post. unlike some of us that would rather read the answer to a question, not the 500 lines of B.S.

Obviously, more than just the people who have taken part in the conversation are reading it (as Tom shows).
Actually, proper netiquette is that you post inline, rather than top-post. It makes it easier to follow a conversation. One would think that an engineer is smart enough to figure out how to post inline. Obviously, not all engineers are smart enough to do this, however.
Another trick to rememebr is trimming the previous posts, so that the stuff you aren't discussing is deleted.
Jeff
well, it is very simple as to why my posts are on top. that is the way they show up. and i did not set it up that way, email system set it up that way. and i ain't gonna change it, cause if they say this way is rite who am i to argue with them??

You are referring to MSRP, I'm referring to the actual current sale prices of 2006 models on the east cost. The CV and the GM are the same vehicle. The GM is more upscale than the top of the line CV but sells for less.
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

but they dont look as sharp as a crown vic! :)
I just bought a used 03 crown vic, love it.
I wanted a Lincoln LS, but couldn't find one without 200,000 KMS On it..............
They are a beautiful car... i wish i could buy one new because the wife would actually drive it (crown vics are too large for her)
The irony is the GM GS can be had for less than a similarly equipped CV ;)
mike

Someone wrote:

Crown Vics are pretty rare but there is a twin in the state car of Florida-the Mercury Grand Marquis.
Actually that is not true, while the Interceptor is the darling of police departments, more CVs have been sold to private buyers than as police cars and taxies. Look at the VINs, there are a lot more P73s and P74s running around than P71s and P72s
Mike hunt

I will have to take your word for it. Up here in the northeast (Pittsburgh for me) no one drives Crown Vics except as police cruisers and taxis. Not that many Grand Marquis either. Opps, I did have a friend who recently traded her Crown Vic for a used Caddy DeVille- she wanted front wheel drive. The car had less space in the back seat than my 97 Chrysler Concorde. The Crown Vic did have a HUGE trunk. The car drove and rode like the 1970s boat that it was.
Mike Hunter wrote:

That may be your opinion, but the GM.CV of today is state of the art. You can bet the farm there are far more CV and GM on the road than Concords LOL
mike hunt

Probably a lot more on the road that aren't followed by a blue cloud of dodge smoke too

Mike, what happened to the marauder...... what a gem... actually i was searching one of them before the cv i bought...
There are four CV models available in 2007, only two of which are police and taxi fleet models. Dealers don't seem to stock them, however. Particularly the more common FLM dealers. They only made the Marauder for two years, for some reason it didn't sell well. Probably because it was only available in two colors One of my neighbors has one of the vary rare red color Marauders, that he says he is going to keep as a future collector car.
mike