Why are new Crown Vics hard to find at dealers?

who are "we"? Since when are you, the expert engineer, an average person?

Going from 25 mpg to 30 mpg still represents a savings of 20% on fuel.

And Ford Focus has a $3k rebate. So it is more like a $12k car, less with dealer discount.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Dave

That may be your opinion, but the GM.CV of today is state of the art. You can bet the farm there are far more CV and GM on the road than Concords LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

but they dont look as sharp as a crown vic! :)

I just bought a used 03 crown vic, love it.

I wanted a Lincoln LS, but couldn't find one without 200,000 KMS On it..............

They are a beautiful car... i wish i could buy one new because the wife would actually drive it (crown vics are too large for her)

Reply to
Picasso

I bet there will be enough children of the baby boomers that can appreciate a full size car though ....... thats where i get it!

Reply to
Picasso

Mike, what happened to the marauder...... what a gem... actually i was searching one of them before the cv i bought...

Reply to
Picasso

Probably a lot more on the road that aren't followed by a blue cloud of dodge smoke too

Reply to
Picasso

The irony is the GM GS can be had for less than a similarly equipped CV ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

My one son, who is old 45, bought a 2006 in August for his family car when he discovered he could buy a loaded GM/GS for only 18K. $600 less than a loaded 4cy Camry at a FLM, Toyota, Hyundai dealership ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

There are four CV models available in 2007, only two of which are police and taxi fleet models. Dealers don't seem to stock them, however. Particularly the more common FLM dealers. They only made the Marauder for two years, for some reason it didn't sell well. Probably because it was only available in two colors One of my neighbors has one of the vary rare red color Marauders, that he says he is going to keep as a future collector car.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yet, he would be ahead on Toyota in the long run when you consider the cost of fuel (545 gal a year for the CV, assuming 22 mpg ave (17 city / 25 highway) vs 400 gal a year for the Camry 30 mpg (24 city /33 highway), assuming 12,000 mi per year. That is a savings of about $300/yr at $2.00 per gallon.

And the Toyota tends to hold its resale price better than a GM (as a percentage of the purchase price).

Of course, Toyota parts tend to be more expensive.

So, in the long run, the cost of the Toyota and GM are pretty close, within about 5%.

I guess it comes down to which car the owner would like better and be happier with. I hope your son enjoys his new GM. Both the Camry and GM are good cars.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but up in the Pocono mountains of PA were he lives the 4 cy Toyota will likely get fewer MPG carrying him, his wife, three children and the 'stuff' He owns two other vehicles, of various types to use when needed. .

NADA list a 2004 4cy Camry with 24K on the clock at $13,600 average trade and a 2004 V8 GM at $13,000. The GM cost him $600 less and the Toyota which is not nearly as well equipped. Good thing he did not need to finance the cost. He would have had to spend $1,100 more in interest to finance the Toyota, over the GM for 36 month as well Apparently the GM returns a better PERCENTAGE of the ACTUAL original cost. Not bad when one considers Toyota dealers generally offer less than average trade. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Wrong. The Toyota will get better milage. I can understand your concerns. If a retired engineer can't figure out how to post in line, I can see how he might be concerned about how he taught his only son to drive. But there is no way the Toyota should get lower gas milage than the GM.

The Poconos aren't even moutains. They're plateaus. I know. I drive through them a lot. And I grew up in the area, too.

Top of the line GM vs. bottom of the line Toyota.

As I said (it is below; for some reason you are not smart enough to figure out how to post in line - I guess a retired engineer is not all that bright), the Toyota and GM cost about the same, within a few percent, over the long haul.

As I said before, they're both good cars.

Unless you learn to post inline (show us some courtesy man) and you have something intelligent to add, I will not comment in this thread again.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

He was looking for at cars that he could buy with the 20K he had to spend. The GM/GS IS the bottom of the line. My children and grand children learn to drive at the Bob Bondurant school at Pocono Raceway or Dover. Other than that I could not follow your point, the way you post is weird. Try again ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Obviously, more than just the people who have taken part in the conversation are reading it (as Tom shows).

Actually, proper netiquette is that you post inline, rather than top-post. It makes it easier to follow a conversation. One would think that an engineer is smart enough to figure out how to post inline. Obviously, not all engineers are smart enough to do this, however.

Another trick to rememebr is trimming the previous posts, so that the stuff you aren't discussing is deleted.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff