Why no help?

Page 2 of 2
!00mA is way too much... Ford says 50mA is the limit and we normally see about 20mA after all the modules "go to sleep"... On your Ex, I would expect
that the only applicable module is going to be the GEM.

I monkeyed with it again today. It was drawing 0.020 A give or take. That's the same as 20 mA isn't it? I'm to the point of doing the two relays since I can't come up with anything better and they are both the originals. I've got a battery saver on it or it would be leaving me stranded. The saver clicks off at 12.25 volts.
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:42:14 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Yes, 0.020A is the same as 20mA so, in all honesty, that shouldn't be a big deal... What about aftermarket accessories? I've come across more than one instance where temperature can trigger some sort of event and turn "something" on - One really insidious Excursion had a CodeAlarm remote start.... the PATs bypass module had been incorrectly wired and, when the mercury plunged, it would supply field current to the alternator (even with everything turned off).
HTH
Whoops, I just noticed your reply to aarcuda... double check your meter reading (is this an inline ammeter or an inductive meter, BTW)... .2A would be 200mA while .020 would be 20mA - ain't typos wonderful?

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:58:35 GMT, "Jim Warman"

It has an alarm and a hard wired handsfree phone gizmo. I disconnected both of them at one time and it still had the problem. I must have checked the "everything off" amp level at least 4 times in the past two years and it's never drawing anything but that 0.02 amp (yes, that was a typo in the other post.)
Just to piss me off, my 6 month old "premium" alternator in my S-10 took a dump and I had to get that towed. It actually has some broken parts rattling around inside. The original alternator lasted 190,000 miles, the premium rebuild only 4000.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

Maybe a small light staying on? Check for something like a vanity mirror light staying on while the vehicle is off.

Usenet is dying. All the major ISP's have dropped free Usenet service. 99% of people have NO idea what Usenet is. They're too busy twittering their lives away and reading slanted blogs and forums.