Why so many leftover 2004 Tauruses ?

I saw an ad in the paper today for 18 2004 leftover Tauruses "starting at" $10,7000". Why aren't they selling? I am tempted to buy one. Have the
Tauruses up until now been fairly reliable? I've heard one good report about a 92 Taurus, and one bad report about another ( don't know the year) Taurus.
Thanks in advance.
User132384 wrote:

Read the fine print. There probably demos or program cars. I saw a few local promos around here a few months back and went to the dealer. The lowest price ones were NOT zero mile cars. That does not mean there not a good deal. Do your homework. Of course, that price probably includes every bogus rebate on the books if it is new.
I would not buy a 500 until they have made them for a few years.
Bob

at"
about a

Taurus.
Good advice. I notice the good prices in the newspaper, then I see the recent college grad discount, the dealer loyalty discount, the GM return costumer discount, and sometimes the trade in in figuring the price.
When I bought my Ford Contour, the dealer offered me one with about 4k on the odometer. The dealer said that it was used by the owner's wife. I figured I was getting a car that should have any problems worked out, was at less than invoice (they said it was at the price they really paid for it, like $1000 less than invoice, and so I was saving like 10% of the price.) So, if the car goes 100,000 mi, I am getting 4% fewer miles, so that is a good deal. Plus, if the car is in a crash or something, it won't really matter. I did get the original title and a recent college grad discount, too.
I am not sure if I should have negotiated for a lower price, but I am happy with the car (and only 110,000 mi on it so far).
Jeff

@aol.commissary says...

Starting at $10,7000?
That's $107,000 apparently you put the comma in the wrong place, or was there an extra zero ;-}
@aol.commissary says...

Those are probably service loaners, demo cars and similar. They may be 'new' in that they were never titled, but probably have several hundred to several thousand miles on them.
On 18 Sep 2004 01:35:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.commissary (User132384) wrote:

They are cheap because they haven't been selling very well. Tauruses are boring cars and, in my humble opinion, not very attractive. Reliability is average or better.
The competing Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick Regal are similar cars but much better looking (also more expensive).
--
Marketing on the Internet without spamming:
http://www.tincher.to /
Rex Tincher wrote:

(User132384)

at"
about a

Taurus.
There are very few 2004 "new" Tauruses in N.E. Ohio I bought one yesterday. Taurus SE $13,998 Sticker was $21,000 Called 5 dealerships in area ,only found 2 There seems to more of the xl package.