DISCLAIMER: I do not represent Mazda. I just propose my philosophy of COMMON SENSE to analyze and expose the lies out there.
THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
"Never believe advertising. Trust your animal instincts"
On 2010-04-15 09:00:45 -0700, "TibetanMonkey,

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=MX5
Notice

The replacement for our Camry, when it finally gives up the ghost (now at 240K miles) will likely be the Mazda 6.

Chick car. Always has been, always will be...unless you live in San Fran.

The only problem is here in Miami is a long way to the mountains and the SUVs rule the road. :(
On 2010-04-15 09:11:37 -0700, "TibetanMonkey,

Pretty hard to ignore their build quality, features, and performance for a family sedan.

And they ALL look sharp. Haven't driven them but Miata, but I expect a good driving experience.

Wow, that's a pretty sweeping statement comparing Camrys with Audis... ;)
Not even the Lexus I drive (it's not mine) is that good. Actually it is the MOST BORING EXPERIENCE IN THE WORLD!
I just wished Toyota imparted strength to the weaker, not make them a bunch of sheep.
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

It was an Audi Fox. Essentially a Volkswagen. http://www.cartype.com/pages/1889/audi_fox
It did ride nice on the highway though.

That's too tamed for a winding road. They do sell the Toyota Land Crushers over there, so someone wants to be Napoleonic there too. The Russians love SUVs, though. China and Russia want to be like America, you know.
On 2010-04-15 12:24:37 -0700, "TibetanMonkey,

The cheapest Rover (not Range) I drove in England several years ago handled better than our Camry, but we didn't buy it for that.
said:

Why would anyone buy anything from a foreign based manufacturer of any product. our balance of trade for the last month was a -65 billion dollars, thanks to companies like Toyota and Wal-Mart It went to Japan and china. 65 billion is a lot of American jobs In this country all you hear is "I love my Toyota" in china and Japan its "go home American" next month it may be your job leaving.
Tom wrote:

When you buy a foreign made product, what do you think happens to the money you spend? The foreigner uses the money to buy American products or to invest in America (buying real assets, Treasury securities (effectively lending money to America). These activities lead to creation of jobs in America, just different ones than the ones you have in mind. True, free trade can lead to a decline in some industries, but it leads to expansion in others. This is true for *any* change, not just trade. Do you think the invention of the automobile helped or hurt people making the livings from shoing horses or making or servicing wagons?

I know it did a LOT OF DAMAGE to the people on foot and bicycle, but it also made the Big Three big. And then came Toyota... And who's next?
said:

some comes back in the form of buying american companies and our debt neither one is a good thing Losing a job is not a good thing either many people never recover from that.
Tom wrote:

You ignored my points. Change brings winners and losers. Sometimes the losers are obvious, while the winners are not. You said money is leaving the country and not coming back. Do you think it's used for toilet paper?
---
Kevin Bottorff wrote:

I happen to have an Master's degree in Economics, Kevin. I completed all the course and exam requirements for a Ph.D. at UCLA, but didn't finish my disstertation. All that doesn't necessarily make me right and you wrong, but it makes your comment look kind of stupid. Why not just disagree and argue on the merits, instead of being insulting?
---
a few more years of -65 billion dollar trade balance we may be back to shoeing horses and building wagons.

That's correct. The sellers of foreign made products are financing our unemployment assistance.

The problem is that the net tax revenue for foreign made products is considerably less than that for domestically made products.

Horse manure was a problem before the invention of the automobile.
-- Ron

Hiring people to collect that manure could help the people laid off by Toyota.
Ron Peterson wrote:

Still is.