Why would anyone buy a Toyota if he can a Mazda?

Yeah, a union of hyenas can beat a lion too, but a proper balance is necessary. Call it "balance of power" or the lion goes too hungry.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I think of it in more simple economic terms.

Pay some yokel $40 per hour, plus benefits, to bolt on a bumper.

You're financially doomed.

Reply to
Conscience

I know. A guy retired from Ford Union told me he used to go golfing on company time.

A formula for success. ;)

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Pay now, or pay later. And I own a 2009 Ranger.

Reply to
Conscience

A lot of my neighbours have good jobs because Canadians and Americans buy Toyotas (and Hondas too)

Reply to
clare

OK, they guy is retired. ;)

I love that little truck. That was designed with Mazda, right?

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I don't know if Mazda was co-designed, but their truck is a re-badged Ranger.

Reply to
Conscience

Who's the original and who's the fake? Collaboration is good though. Escort was a PS until Mazda lent a hand. But the European Escort was even better.

A lot of politics into cars too.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I think the Ranger was first.

Witness so many good cars not allowed into the U.S. due to top-speed numbers. The RX-8 is a mere shadow of what it could have been.

My Bimmer is limited to 155, and the list goes on and on...

Reply to
Conscience

Big Brother is doing a great job at punishing the smart ones.

And Toyota comes under the radar. Sneaky of them, don't you think?

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Reply to
Chuck

Mazda and Ford are pretty good guys, except for Ford's dinosaurs.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I don't buy a car based on looks. But since you mentioned it, Mazdas are butt ugly. They have that stupid looking grin on their grills. What's up with that...

Reply to
in2dadark

It's a mean smile, not meant to intimidate like an SUV. ;)

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

some comes back in the form of buying american companies and our debt neither one is a good thing Losing a job is not a good thing either many people never recover from that.

Reply to
Tom

The Twin Cities plant also builds Mazdas? Didn't know that.

Reply to
Conscience

The US Mazda Pickup Trucks are just thinly disquised Rangers - at least for now. Not sure what happens when Ford finally kills off the Ranger. I suppose Mazda will go back to importing their trucks.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ya' think? I only expressed surprise that they were built in the Twin Cities Ford plant.

Reply to
Conscience

"Frank Berger" wrote in news:TLidnQy1drWkBVrWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Its too bad your high school economics class was so poor. You should have taken it twice apparently. KB

Kevin Bottorff

Conscience wrote in news:hq8r0h$ni0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

the first small ford pkup was a mazda, and now the mazda is a ford. interesting turnaround. KB

Kevin Bottorff