Why would anyone buy a Toyota if he can a Mazda?

You ignored my points. Change brings winners and losers. Sometimes the losers are obvious, while the winners are not. You said money is leaving the country and not coming back. Do you think it's used for toilet paper?

Reply to
Frank Berger

I happen to have an Master's degree in Economics, Kevin. I completed all the course and exam requirements for a Ph.D. at UCLA, but didn't finish my disstertation. All that doesn't necessarily make me right and you wrong, but it makes your comment look kind of stupid. Why not just disagree and argue on the merits, instead of being insulting?

Reply to
Frank Berger

a few more years of -65 billion dollar trade balance we may be back to shoeing horses and building wagons.

Reply to
Tom

That's correct. The sellers of foreign made products are financing our unemployment assistance.

The problem is that the net tax revenue for foreign made products is considerably less than that for domestically made products.

Horse manure was a problem before the invention of the automobile.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson

Hiring people to collect that manure could help the people laid off by Toyota.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Still is.

Reply to
Frank Berger

I would expect the roads to have been more peaceful when everybody rode a horse. Even the bike had little to fear other than slipping on manure.

Nowadays, an SUV simply crushes you.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I'll give you that. SUV's suck. Show me a soccer mom who has to tail gate and intimidate in one of these and I'll show you a female with a broken vibrator.

Reply to
in2dadark

A soccer mom with a broken vibrator and an SUV is a dangerous combination.

I think they get testosterone rushes from driving such vehicles and want to bite.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

As far as I know, there's no statutory or regulatory limitation on top speed of a US car.

That's a gentleman's agreement between BMW and Mercedes.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

Not officially, true.

:-)

Reply to
Conscience

There is no statutory limitation, but there is something called litigation, which is BIG in the USA - so manufacturers 'voluntarily" limit the performance of their vehicles to what they consider to be "sane" or "legally defensible" levels of performance - something more than the top 15 performance drivers in North America could be expected to handle safely.

Reply to
clare

American roads are unsafe at any speed, often because idiots (mostly in Toyotas) drive too slow.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I found this car to be truly unique, inspiring and yet a bad idea for American stupid roads...

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with