Will 14" tires fit on my 1999 Grand Marquis?

I've got 4 snow tires (185/70R14). I'm wondering...
1- If I can find wheels with a 5x100 pattern in that size 2- Will I have enough clearance for the brakes. (it's got 225/60R16 now)
I know the car will be lowered a little, but I don't want to spend 600$ on new tires If I don't have to.
But you're willing to spend how much on new wheels?????
WAIT...... 185s on a GM????? Can I have some of what you're smoking????

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:39:07 -0400, Starscream

This one gets today's "DUH award."
Where do you live...NE Penna?
DeserTBoB wrote:

Geez guys, I was just asking a question. Not all of us are mechanics you know. As I said, I know the car would've been lowered.
Nevermind...
I don't think the 14 inch rims will fit over the rotors, seeing as the rotors are 13 inch, and then you have the calipers over them. if I remember correctly, the smallest you can use is a 15 inch rim

Not only that, the cost of the rims would obviate any savings by using these garage sale tires.
Buy proper tires, be done with it. Oh, he left? Figures.
DeserTBoB wrote:

First of all, I already have those tires from a previous car (meaning all that would be missing would be the rims)

Leave what? it's not as if a newsgroup was a chatroom you know...