WILL NOT START

IF I REMOVE THE BATTERY TERMINAL AND THEN PUT IT BACK ON AFTER A COUPLE SECOUNDS THE CAR WILL START SEVERAL TIMES AND THEN I HAVE TO REMOVE IT AGAIN WHAT COULD BE WRONG I HAVE A 1995 MUSTANG 3.8

1. please turn off caps lock.. all lower case is fine
2. Sounds like a sensor problem.. is the check engine lite lit? if CEL lit, take it to a parts store that reads out the codes.. (you dont say where you are located.)
3. Does the fuel pump run when you switch ign on?
4. If CEL not lit, try the following routine once car wont start
a. does tach bounce a little while cranking? If not, some ignition problem
b. FIRST (once car is in no-start paradigm) floor the accelerator pedal while cranking... if still wont start, PUMP accel while cranking.
- the first delivers less gas than normal, the second delivers more gas than normal.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

"paradigm"????? Oooooh, I love it when you talk sexy...
Too bad there's so much info we have to assume..... the car will start several times after the disconnect but we don't know how well. it runs, nor do we know if he can actually drive it. A little history might be nice too. First thing that comes to mind is that disconnecting the battery clears the KAM... but it's hard to say that adaptive strategy could cause a no start.
I recall something about older Dodges having some sort of concern where disconnecting the SMEC or SBEC would let them start... but I don't have to tell you what a few years can do to the ..... ummm, what was I saying??
What I am seeing more of is when people start snooping around, they are disturbing wire harneses... sadly, I can say that I have "fixed" cars simply during normal testing,,, unable to recreate the original concern after doing that. These are ones that we KNOW will be back and the customer is usually a little irate about the return visit. It sucks to be me.....
FWIW, I spent last week at Ford school in Edmonton.... now that I have my Master certification, can I be as big a dick as <expletive deleted>?

Heh.. but doesnt it ALSO mean you are infinitely smarter?
Iknow everytime I passed a cert in my field of IT, or the Refrigerant Cert, I felt like my brain was exploding...
;P
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

Here's what I'm thinking about that... there's a memory problem. (Heh.. on topic werent you) that doesnt show until it builds adaptive strategy. Then the Checksum doesnt match.. so it goes into fail mode.
Would think the CEL would flash or something when that occurs.
SO MustangBRIT, try the stuff in my orig post... and ALSO tell us if it has driveability / running problems as Jim suggests.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

FWIW, I spent last week at Ford school in Edmonton.... now that I have my Master certification, can I be as big a dick as <expletive deleted>?
sorry jim. that aint never gonna happen, no matter how much skoolin you gots
hay thank for the sugg 1.the fuel pump runs. check eng lite does not come on. i tryed replacing the comp not the problem tryed rep the starter relay not the problem replaced coil pack also cam posi sensor not the problem