Will Radio fit?

Hello Group,

I have came across a 2004 Ford AM/FM cassette cd combo unit - Part Number 3W1T-18C868-AK and was wondering if this will fit (with out alot of work) in my 1991 Lincoln towncar. It would be nice to have a cd player in it.

Thanks for your time Steve

Reply to
Should Know Better

The wire harness is different but I'm sure there must be an adapter harness somewhere. I don't remember which faceplate is larger (the newer one I think) but you can overcome that also.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

"Should Know Better" wrote

"came across"? Uh huh. Give us the radio's serial number and your home phone, and I'll be happy to put you in touch with someone that will give you exactly what you need.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Why butcher the car? Radios (with CD) are a dime-a-dozen. Find ONE that fits the opening in YOUR dash. A easy way to find what fits what is look in the "Crutchfield" catalog. Most anything with wheels is listed there and they will tell you what size (DIN,Double DIN,Special) YOUR dash is. Look up your car AND the one tha radio came from..see if they are listed as the same.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Thanks to all that responded. I missed the one on eBay but the "Crutchfield" idea sounds good.

Thanks again

Steve

Reply to
Should Know Better