Window problems 97 Bird

Started sticking, now won't close all the way. Haynes manual no help at all. Can anyone direct me to some help in removing the door panel? Can't even figure out where to start. TIA

Frank

Reply to
F.H.

Never mind. Googled and got this from this group in 2000:

I had a 97 Thunderbird. The door panels are really easy to remove. The panel that holds the power window switches just pops off. Underneath it you will find one of the two screws that holds the door panel on.

Underneath the little red reflector near the bottom outside corner of the door, you will find the other screw. Remove the screws, then lightly "jerk" the panel straight upwards. Only a soft pull is necessary. That's it, that's all there is to it.

Reply to
F.H.

When I finally got inside drivers door on my 94 it was a hulluva mess. Either they didn't lube the mechanism proper at the "factory" or window seal wasn't working properly or both. Lots of rust.

Lube the mechanism etc liberally and you *may* be OK. I'm guessing rust is the main contributor to window-motor failures, etc.

Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

Reply to
Puddin' Man

Hey, Puddin, wasn't that you that was asking about fixing a sliding door? Did you ever get it fixed?

Reply to
F.H.

Sliding door? Nah. Maybe an attic fan on alt.home.repair was what your saw?