Window Regulator on old 'Boid

'94 Tbird LX V8, 70K mi.
Window Regulator in drivers door. Push button for up-window and the top of the windows pulses but it doesn't raise. Like it is trying to engage a
gear and it's slipping off. Very similar for down-window.
My notes say:
"Be careful if you ever remove a window regulator. It is a loaded weapon when its compressed!!"
I've gotten inside the door panel just enough to lubricate a little, but I couldn't see much. Never fiddled the regulator.
Anybody know what makes them do this? What the fix is??
Thanks, P
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:54:35 -0500, Puddin' Man

If it's like most fords, the nylon "rollers" inside the mechanism have disintegrated. They seem to have about a 20 year life. About $5 for the replacement rollers plus the labor to get the thing in and out of the door, take it apart and reassemble with new rollers.

You pointed me in the right direction. I got the rollers, will try to install today.
Thanks, P