Windows hard to roll up after rain

93 Escort.
Any suggestions? Can this be adjusted or is this just a character building quirk of the car.
Thanx,

Dont know. When it rains I leave my windows already rolled up.

building
Maybe a look inside the door panel is in order. I can think to two possibilities:
The mechanism is corroded from years of moisture/salt exposure. Did an '89 Cougar last week, rusted parts were bound up so badly that the gear on the electric motor sheared off its shaft. I bit of P'Blaster to loosen it up, and some wheel bearing grease to keep it that way.
Possibly rainwater is causing the seals to swell (if they are a bit dry rotted and porous) and this is increasing efforts. A bit of wax or silicone might serve as a temporary remedy if applied when things are dry, but on the chance this is the case, the offending parts should be replaced.
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:56:46 -0700, Daniel wrote:

Right on track. The lube in those windows do not last forever. When I opened the door panel of the last crank window I had in 93, I wondered how the window lift mechanism worked any at all. A shot of WD40 to get things moving again, followed by some HD grease did the trick, just as you said. While you have the door panel off, check to see that all nuts and bolts and screws are nice and tight to get rid of any rattles if you have any.

Thanx all - will take the door panel off & have a gander. The previous owner told me that this problem started when the glass had been replaced after a break in. The only way to know what's going on for sure is to take the time to look.
Ray