Windsheild washer spray adjustment

I drove my daughters '97 Taurus G the other day and noticed the windshield washer spray was just trickling out. A check under the hood revealed a rotted hose from the hood fittings to the washer tank. I replaced this with
the appropriate dealer part and tried it out.
It now sprays washer fluid directly on the windshield - of the car behind hers. :-)
Is there any way to adjust the angle of the sprayers or the force with which it sprays?
Thanks, Jon
Zeppo wrote:

LOL.
Hose too big? Maybe crimp it with a hose clamp?
    -Ariel
Some spray nozzles are like little balls, stick a pin, or small something in the hole, and reposition it. Others are crimped metal tubes, bend the end in the direction you want the spray to go.

windshield
with
behind
which
Thanks for the info Bill, I will try that this weekend.
Jon

I find the little push pins the best for adjusting. They taper to a point so they go into the ball, and the 'handle' allows you to adjust it precisely. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents after getting help here before.
Norm __________________________________________________
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:49:37 GMT, "Bill" <reply_to
·Some spray nozzles are like little balls, stick a pin, or small something in ·the hole, and reposition it. Others are crimped metal tubes, bend the end ·in the direction you want the spray to go. ·
· ·> Zeppo wrote: ·> > I drove my daughters '97 Taurus G the other day and noticed the ·windshield ·> > washer spray was just trickling out. A check under the hood revealed a ·> > rotted hose from the hood fittings to the washer tank. I replaced this ·with ·> > the appropriate dealer part and tried it out. ·> > ·> > It now sprays washer fluid directly on the windshield - of the car ·behind ·> > hers. :-) ·> ·> LOL. ·> ·> > Is there any way to adjust the angle of the sprayers or the force with ·which ·> > it sprays? ·> ·> Hose too big? Maybe crimp it with a hose clamp? ·> ·> -Ariel ·
Ariel wrote:

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I really hate tailgaters... I mean I really, really hate them. Rather than getting mad, I just choose to clean my windshield whenever I think somebody's too close behind me. It always makes me smile to see their wipers come on. Eventually they catch on.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
Ha! That's the first thing I said to my daughter when the spray hit the car behind us. But then , being a 'dad', I had to encourage responsible behavior.
The push pin method worked. thanks to all those that responded. Jon

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:21:31 -0400, "Zeppo"

Don't know for sure but, if it is a plastic nozzle, they can sometimes be aimed by inserting a piece of wire like a large straightened paper clip and moving the outlet insert a bit. If it is a metal nozzle, you will have to bend it a little. Some are just plain non-adjustable. When it is properly aimed, it will strike the upper part of the windshield so the air flow will push it down onto the glass. You may have to play with it a bit to get it right. Also, keep in minf that the bad aim may be a result of debris from your old rotted hose stuck in the nozzle. You may try disconnecting the hose and blowing the nozzle out in reverse with compressed air before doing anything else.
Thanks, I'll try that this weekend.
Jon
wrote:

windshield