Windshield fluid pump

I have a 1994 ford taurius station wagon,my windshield wipers work but not getting any fluid upto glass,I think my pump is on the wall,how can i check if the pump is not putting out & what do they run about( pricewise). Thanks---charlie

Reply to
rhartin

pull the hose under the hood right up to the window... then have someone try to squirt the washer.. if it then works then it is blocked spigot that squirts the window.... if it does not squirt then take off the coolant recover tank(one screw in the front of engine compartment and lift it up and pull forward and reach down and check to see that the plug is on the pump(its under the plastic coolant recovery tank...if its plugged in then unplug it and remove the tank... empty tank and then remove the pump from the bottom of the tank...

Reply to
jim

Fill up the reservoir, open the hood, trace back from the tubes to the pump. IMHO if you hear the pump running, it's more likely to be a tubing problem than a pump problem. Had a similar issue with my wife's

94 Taurus sedan, turned out to be a hole in the tube. Cut out the bad part and put in a joiner piece.

New washer motor will run you between $20 and $30 (check

they show hundreds available).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards