Windshield wiper linkage - 1994 B4000

I just replaced the wiper motor on 94 B400, and I can't get the linkage for both wipers on the shaft of the motor. I can get the left or the right all the way on, but when I try to put the second one on, I

can't get it on far enough to clear the groove on the end of the shaft.

I'm probably doing something very basic wrong here, but I just can't get them both on.

Also, I lost the clip that goes on the end of the shaft. What type is it? Is it just a c-clip?

Reply to
apostrophe27