Windstar 1998 unsatisfied customer

Page 3 of 3

According to one of those old documents "All men are created equal." No one claims that people are the same. Only that each child deserves the best possible education. Even if you don't become a scientist or doctor, you still have the right to a good education. What if it only helps you make better financial decisions or be a better citizen by being an educated voter?

The problem is that they don't go for the best. Just the richest.
Why do you think that there are so few minority scientists and business leaders? Because minorities don't have the same oppurtunities that rich white kids have. It has nothing to do with ethnic groups or skin color. It has to do with money.
Jeff
Jeff

Boy have you been worked over. nowhere does it say any kid deserves a education, let alone the best one. A education is the parents responsibility. not the gov or anyone else for that mater. The liberals have made that claim against our money so they can just tax us more. I am for "public" education, not gov intruded education. or indoctrinated The gov has no inclination to represent the values we need to pass on to the children, it is against its best interest to do so. Gov. needs to be thrown out of education all together. There is a giant difference between gov. edu. and public edu. There shoud be no gov conection to education. All men are created equal, is equal opportunity not equal means. KB

--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup

Not in the US. Primary and secondary education are the responsibility of the public schools, which is the government.

Actually, so that more kids can go to college. People who go to college earn considerably more money than those who don't. I wouldn't have my job now if I did not have a college education.

Many schools or school districts are run by city or county governments. In many other areas, they are their own local government unit.

I am afraid that you can't have it both ways. Without government funding, public education won't happen.
Jeff

A education is the parents

first governing document 1776-1789) we set aside a portion of all land surveyed in the old Northwest territories for the purpose of funding public schooling. The founders frequently argued that only an educated populace could promote and protect the new republic and its ideals. So, public schooling has been seen as fundamental to the existence of our nation from the very beginning.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

That was "public" schooling, not governement school. big difference between the two. We have government schooling now not public schooling. I would love to get back to public school, but it probly won`t happen now. KB
--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup
Back to the subject at hand... Did you buy your Windstar new or used....

How did this turn out to be a political tread?
I bought it used in 1998, it had 20,000Km and now has 90,000Km. It still had 2 year warranty and all maintenance and recalls were done at dealer and I knew the previous owner who added a remote start and door un-lock, she took good care of car, she just had to break her lease and it ended up being a good deal. There must be something wrong with this cars front end or our roads here or both. I just had 3 front end jobs in the last 4 years and in my books this has become a trend and I'm reluctant to support what seems to be a design flaw mainly the sway bar and tie-rods.
Please keep politics out of this....there must be other news groups that accommodate expressing political frustrations......the we all experience in varying degrees.