Windstar 3.8 to 3.0L drivetrain swap

I just bought a Windbag with a 3.8; quebec van, doesn't appear to have the head gasket problem, but has 200K mi, and will likely need a drivetrain swap soon even if babied.
I have my late dad's rotted out 91 3.0 1-owner Taurus with under 100K mi, well maintained.
I know this Windbag came with a 3.0 and 3.8. Can anyone provide me with any pointers to online or offline tech resources on a drivetrain switch? This would include things like the computer, brackets, etc
TIA