Windstar 3.8l engine

My 98 had to have the head gaskets redone, was there a year past 1996 that this was no longer an issue with that motor?

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 06:47:24 -0300, "HaGGaR"

NO. It was a peice of crap when it was first produced and has remained so. IF you were running synthetic oil and non silica antifreeze when the gasket failed you MIGHT still have a viable engine. I wouldn't bet the week's grocery money on it, even then.