Windstar 95 - delay in engine starting

Windstar 95 - 3.8 liter engine
I have noticed a delayed engine start (starter turns engine immediately, after the key is applied) after the car was not running for a while (more
than 15 min). This means with cold or hot engine.
Engine would start normally when turned off and immediately started.
Since the winter is approaching this is a concern, because this can only get worse in a cold weather.
I have changed fuel filter and a battery lately: this had no effect.
Does anybody have any ideas? Possibly somebody had a similar symptom with the Windstar?
Thanks,
Wes
Well, yes I have similar symptoms with my 96. If it has been sitting for some time (hours) and the gas tank is less than 1/2 full it will crank a second or two before catching. Once started you can stop and restart it normally. It has been like that as long as I can remember and I always thought it was a little odd, but not a problem. So far. If the tank is over 1/2 full it always starts right up. If I had to guess, I'd say it's maybe taking a second or two to build up fuel pressure, but I never really thought about it.
I'll be interested to hear what the experts have to say...
==Tom=