Windstar 95 - looks like ignition problem

I own Windstar 95 with about 150,000 miles (210,000kms).
The engine started running if one or more cylinders are not working (misfiring is possible too)- this is especially noticeable at idle run. The
engine does not run smooth as usual.
Since I do not have much mechanical experience and my mechanic is closed for a long weekend in our province of Ontario, I am looking for some advice.
Is this problem common in Windstars?
Is there an easy step or step to check which cylinder is not getting a spark?
These above, are just speculations (head gaskets were already changed). The ignition wires were replaced about a year ago.
Thanks,
Wes
I own Windstar 95 (3.8 liter engine) with about 150,000 miles (210,000kms).
The engine runs if one or more cylinders are not working (misfiring is possible too)- this is especially noticeable at idle run. The engine does not run smooth as usual.
Since I do not have much mechanical experience and my mechanic is closed for a long weekend in our province of Ontario, I am looking for some advice.
Is this problem common in Windstars?
Is there an easy step or step to check which cylinder is not getting a spark?
These above, are just speculations (head gaskets were already changed). The ignition wires were replaced about a year ago.
Thanks,
Wes
Wes Braczkowski wrote:

to check out the spark on my 96 contour(ford) i attached my timing light to the battery for power and then went from one spark plug wire to the next to make sure all the wires made the flashing light come on.. two of the six did not come on.. i then went to auto zone and got a new coil pack for about $50 and replaced it.. car ran fine after that.... i was not getting fire to the 2 and 6 wires which were both from the center coil in the coil pack.....