windstar autolock malfunction

99 windstar, its always had the 10-15mph autolock. The doors now lock when they close if the engine is running.
One of the sliding rear doors also dosnt unlock, you have to pull on the
lock when you press the unlock button and sometimes you can pull it up or just open the door within 1 second or so of unlocking the doors and you can get the door open. I figured it just needed to be cleaned when it started a couple weeks ago but now with this autolock problem I wonder if it could be connected.