windstar battery low

99 windstar 85k, not sure if its possible for it to be related but check engine light came on 2 days ago, it got down to 20 last night, got home at
5pm, but van in garage, now 10am 40, try to start van and it turns over for about 1 second before battery clicks, high beams turn on and the gauge needles max out, got a jump and it fired up immediately, batteries about 2 years old, dont think I left anything on last night, maybe I left the door ajar and interior lights stayed on, if this keeps up where do I begin to test? alternator? I am not getting an alternator light on the dash.
well after 8 hours at work it was dead again so theres something wrong with the battery or something is draining it, I'm going to disconnect it tonight so hopefully I can drive it tommorrow without getting a jump

the engine off(1). then during cranking(2) and then on(3). if (1) is less than 12.x, replace. if (2) is below 8, replace. if (3) is not greater than 13 or 13.5, get charging system checked. in any case, if it's the original battery, i would just change it. don't think so hard. you'll need an analog meter to check the cranking voltage.
if you have a drain, good luck. that may be very difficult to track down. ...thehick
Petebert wrote:

time. Just clean the terminals and replace it. You could get it fully charged and then take it to one of many shops that will do a battery load check .
Bob for free to confirm it.
i bought the van used, had a 2 year old mopar battery in it, sears says the battery was no good and i replaced it today.