Windstar keyless entry

I just bought a 02 windstar and I have the computer-programmed 5 digit entry code. Is there a way of adding an easier number into the system? I didn't get a manual with the vehicle so any help would be appreciated

GW in YYC

Reply to
lundrat

tom

One needs to enter the default code before a personal code can be added. Enter that code, press and hold the two right buttons, then enter the new code. At that point either code will unlock the driver door, then pressing the center button will unlock the remaining doors, and pressing the left of center button will open trunk if one does so within five seconds. Pressing the two right buttons will lock all the doors.

mike hunt

tom wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Programming The Keyless Entry System

To program an alternate code:

Enter the five digit permanent entry code into keyless entry keypad.

Within five seconds of pressing last button of permanent code, press the 1/2 button. (Factory code found on the module or elsewhere).

Enter any alternate five digit code within five seconds of pressing

1/2 button.

Enter a sixth digit as follows to indicate operator's memory seat setting to be set by alternate code:

9/0-- no memory recall 1/2-- memory seat position 1 3/4-- memory seat position 2 5/6-- memory seat position 3

After successful programming, the doors will signal by locking and then unlocking.

The intial sequence is also used for reprogramming the key fobs, so try to do it away from nearby Ford vehicles. If someone with a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury happens to press a button on his key fob while you are in the programming mode, his remote will open your van while your remotes will not work anymore. You would have to reprogram all your keyfobs at the same time if this happens. So check whether your key fobs still works when you are done entering your personal code.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

Thanks all, that did the trick :)

GW