Windstar LX and gas smell with A/C on

I have a 2000 Windstar LX and often, not every time, when the A/C has been on for a while, I get a strong smell of gasoline in the car. The last time it happened it was very hot out and the smell was very strong, even outside the car.

If the A/C is not running there is no smell at all.

Has anyone run across this or know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Ron

Reply to
Ron Kneusel

I have the same issue. The hotter outside the more gas smell. Ive replaced the gas cap and no change.

Reply to
Superunkn0wn0ne

Check the hose to the vapor absorption canister.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire