Windstar pwr steering growls

The power steering in my 2000 Ford Windstar started growling when turning. The resovoir is at the full line. Any hints as to why it is doing this?

Thanx Doc =============================

Reply to
Doc

Do a fluid change by placing the return line in a jug and runing a guart or so through, as someone turns the wheel lock to lock till its runs clear, WBMS

Reply to
Mike hunt

In article , snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says... |The power steering in my 2000 Ford Windstar started growling when |turning. The resovoir is at the full line. Any hints as to why it is |doing this? | |Thanx |Doc |============================= |

Dirty, worn out fluid ???

Reply to
Steven Stone

dont open your hood!! theres lions in there!

Reply to
Max Power

welcome to the club. mine did that,i flushed fluid twice,year later put a rebuilt rack and pinion after it went out. lucas

ds549