Windstar question.

While driving last night my Over Drive light on the end of my gear shift came on. Normally that means OD is off. But after pushing the button on the end of
the gear shift it turned off and pushing again it went on. (Over Drive not the light) But the OD light is still on even though the OD is engaged. I don't have the manual so can anybody tell me what this means? Transmission is shifting OK as far as I can tell. Thanks for you help.
Gene

came
of
the
Usually, the OD light means the OD is on (not off).

'96 canadian windstar. 3,.8. light on. od off. no question. ...thehick
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Julie in Tampa) is believed to have written in

When mine wouldn't go off (a little duct tape helped for a while;-) it was a short in the shifter arm. A few bucks for a new unit.
--
John M.