windstar quits while driving

97 windstar 3.8 while driving the car will stop running suddenly no sputtering or any other signs i can then put the car in park and it will start right up

check out the ignition module. when they get intermittant failure, the module will get hot and stop sending signal to the coil and shut the car down and when it cools down you're back in business agian.

When was the fuel filter last replaced?
mike
"La Longue Carabine"
On 22 Jul 2004 05:34:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (joedotcom) wrote:

Some Crown Vics has connector corrosion problems which displayed the symptoms you described. I don't know if the Windstars had the same problem. A can of electrical contact cleaner and a wire brush ended my problems.