Windstar remote locking problem

Hello all, The locking mechanism on the passenger door is being uncooperative with the remote open/lock button. It locks automatically when the vehicle gets going, as they all do, but then remains locked so you have to reach over from the driver side to open the door by hand. In other words, it won't unlock with the remote. It's more of a nuisance than a problem. Anything I can do or check before shelling out bucks to the dealer to repair? Any ideas appreciated. TIA Matt

Reply to
Matt and Daria Roesch

Check the battery in the remote fob- mine was weak and the range dropped to about 6 feet until I changed it. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

It works normal with the door switch ????

If it doesn't, you are looking at a broken wire or doorlock actuator

Johan

Reply to
johanb

No. It stays locked with the door switch. Like it is stuck locked unless you pull it up by hand or use the actual key, or use interior door handle. Matt

Reply to
Matt and Daria Roesch