Windstar remote locking problem

Hello all, The locking mechanism on the passenger door is being uncooperative with the remote open/lock button. It locks automatically when the vehicle gets
going, as they all do, but then remains locked so you have to reach over from the driver side to open the door by hand. In other words, it won't unlock with the remote. It's more of a nuisance than a problem. Anything I can do or check before shelling out bucks to the dealer to repair? Any ideas appreciated. TIA Matt
Check the battery in the remote fob- mine was weak and the range dropped to about 6 feet until I changed it. SC Tom

It works normal with the door switch ????
If it doesn't, you are looking at a broken wire or doorlock actuator
Johan

No. It stays locked with the door switch. Like it is stuck locked unless you pull it up by hand or use the actual key, or use interior door handle. Matt