windstar stall on start

got a 99 windstar, about 74k miles.

yesterday morning drove to work no problems, about 2 1/2 hours after getting there had to run an erran, the engine would fire but immediately stall, did it 2 or 3 times so I started it pressed the gas up to about 3000 rpm let off and it idled fine ran fine for the rest of the day.

today started and went to work fine, about 3 hours later tried to start it and the same thing, except this time when holding the gas pedal and letting off it kept stalling, tried it at least 5 times but eventually after doing that it kept running.

It seems to only do it when the engine has cooled off after running, once it heats up I have no problems.

I havent done alot to this van since i bought it at 60k, do regular oil changes, changed the fuel filter about 2000 miles ago, air filter looked in good shape last time I checked it, I havent checked the plugs, having no idea when they where changed last I plan on changing those out, the plug wires say Motorcraft so they could be original so I figure I might change those out too.

Reply to
Petebert