Windstar Trouble Code

My 99 Windstar recenty having Code P0708 and lost the trans O/D. This code is set only during the engine cold , Every works fine after warm up by runnning approx 5 min and reset code (by scanner).
Code repeated after overnight cool down. P0708 refer 'Range Sensor input high' on Trans. What is range sensor ? Where about on the Trans ? How much it cost ?
Thanks in advance.
How to adjust the DTR to lower the Voltage. Can I do it without the scanner? I knew it should be between 1.3 to1.8Volt